TJ Roof/Safari Rack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Roof/Safari Rack

Home made roof rack for a TJ. Not complete. You will need to get a set of windshield hinges with the little platform, like you use to add driving lights to the lower windshield corners. Weld a little piece of pipe to each one and a little chunk of pipe to the rear bumper in each corner. This is made of 1" square tubing and snaps on with pins. Two cross beams go front to back and attach with wing nuts. Assembles in about 5 minutes and is completely removable except for the welded on pipe. Easily held my canoe or a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. Great deal to anyone in the club. Thanks, Bob Evans

Only a deal if there were a price in the description?
    OlllllO 2005 TJ X

Comment

Free to you or any other card carrying member of HRJA.

Comment

Thatís a great deal.

Comment

Can you give me the dimensions of it Bob? I need a rack to go over the soft camper top on my truck. Width and height of the front piece?
          You're not lost if you don't care where you are

Comment

Brian,
            The larger "U" shaped piece that fits on the rear bumper is 54 1/4 wide on the inside (will fit over something 54" wide). It is 53 1/4" tall. This piece nested over a short section of 1" pipe on my TJ's rear bumper.
            The front piece is 53 1/4" wide and 18" tall and leans back at the angle of the Jeep's windshield. This piece also has a long section of 1" pipe nested inside it which I would pull out part way and rest the bow of my canoe on while loading the canoe.
            The front to back pieces are 78" and are just 1 1/4" ( I think) square tubing with holes in them to line up with the front and back pieces.
            If you want it, I'll trade it to you for the fender flares you already gave me!

Comment

Just looked back at the pic, the side pieces aren't in the pic.

Comment

It's a little too narrow for what I was thinking. You can pass it in to the next one. Thanks though Bob
                You're not lost if you don't care where you are

Comment

Working...
                X