new xj...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new xj...

I haven't done much to her yet as I am broke.
    but I managed to do some trimming and squeeze some 31 inch mickey Thompson baja claws on there and she runs through mud just fine.
    I'm going to only use an economy type 2 inch lift cus I'm not going for more then 31's
    I need the tow points
    and a cb I guess.
    any suggestions is are welcome.

very nice, looks just like my wifes xj. welcome to the site!
    nothing to see here!

85 cj7 trail rig:SOA, yj springs, 350 efi chevy eng. 700r4 trans.Dana 300, ford d60's w/ 5.13's arbs, 40" creepy crawler comp stickies on allied rock a thon double beadlocks ,oba

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

cool xj and i like your pic looks sweet i hate them i just washed it to take a pic shots. welcome
      88 yj project sbc 350 th350 dana 300 twin sticked LOCKED front and rear on full width axles,recentered H1 Locks.and 37"s

03 379 pete 500 cat.
      My peterbilt has round headlights!!!!

Liberty has never come from government. liberty has always come from the subjects of government. the history of liberty is a history of resistance.the history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power.not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson sept 9 1912

Comment

I'm waiting for my lift right now!
        I ordered some skyjacker nitro shocks
        front tow hooks
        some fog lights
        and a cb
        I'm set up to ride here in a week or so.

Comment

what lift did you go with?
          nothing to see here!

85 cj7 trail rig:SOA, yj springs, 350 efi chevy eng. 700r4 trans.Dana 300, ford d60's w/ 5.13's arbs, 40" creepy crawler comp stickies on allied rock a thon double beadlocks ,oba

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

just a 2'' budget lift.(puck n shackle) I already got the 31's on there, just want some breathing room for em.

Comment

my wifes has the terraflex puck and shackle. its a nice setup
              nothing to see here!

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

I had heard the shckle is nicer then the add a leaf, does it ride ok? your wifes i mean?

Comment

just like stock. i never was a fan of any kind of aal, unless the springs were really saggy
                  nothing to see here!

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

do they make body lifts for 2000 xjs? I haven't been able to find them.. and I'm about to use hockey pucks.

Comment

the xj is a unibody design, there is no frame and body to separate, they are all one. therefore there is no way to do a body lift on a cherokee. the 2" budget boost kits are about the cheapest you can get
                      nothing to see here!

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

well godamn. that explains it. thanks for the info.
                        how the hell does that work?
                        how can't the body be separate from the frame?
                        that seems odd.

damn I miss my yj

Comment

its like a car, it has sheetmetal channels to support the structure of the vehicle. its like a mustang or a challenger. a google search would give you a more elaborate explanation, and when youre feelin better, peek under it and youll see the many structural channels
                          nothing to see here!

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

Comment

You can seperate the body from the unibody channels, it just requires a really hot wrench.

Just crawl underneath of it and take a look. You'll see how its made.
                            You're not lost if you don't care where you are

Comment

I thought they had boxed ladder frames?

Comment

Working...
                              X