Squirrelrocket's Churkey build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrelrocket's Churkey build

Hey all, figured I'd post up the progress (and failures) of the abomination of my new jeep.
    First up are my old jeeps that I enjoyed and still miss,
    1999 TJ SE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snowjeep2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	164076Click image for larger version

Name:	snow1.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	164077Click image for larger version

Name:	snowjeep1-1.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	164078Click image for larger version

Name:	PA290038.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	164079
    Had for just about ten years and enjoyed every minute of it, sold it off a few months ago and that money is still fueling the fund for this cheap cherokee xj I just bought.
    Also had a 1998 ZJ for a year or two that I hammered to death, bought it lifted and cool but went right back to driving the Wrangler again.

Name:	zj1.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	164080Click image for larger version

Name:	zj2.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	164081

Now onto the XJ, bought this beauty of a '96 with 93k for cheap. 4.0 auto, np231, big spline 8.25 rear.
    Had some rear fender rust so I did the old cut and fold trick, during that I kept smelling a gas leak so.....
    I needed a new gas tank, which led to an ausie locker since the pumpkin was easily accessed, then I needed a skid so another hole wouldn't be made so I ordered a skid row tanker.
    Well the back bumper was off for this ordeal so heck why not just get a JCR cut and fold crusader series haha. I painted it army green thinking it would look cool, but I'll wait on making that claim lol.

Name:	WP_20130726_001.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	164082Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130815_002.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	164083Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130822_001.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	164084Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130821_002.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	164085Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20131015_001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	164086

parts on order are more JCR goodies, a new cheapo replacement exhaust to pass emissions, m.o.r.e. steering brace and fog lights.
    I'm open to ideas on a suspension lift. I like to try different things, my TJ had a 1.5" h&r spring lift rocking 32's and 3" lift rancho adjustanble shocks. it'd drop coils all the time but rode nice-ish for a Jeep...
    Shooting for 33's but who knows lol.
    '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Got some more parts in and on!! This Jeep thing is addictive! Have the front bumper and sliders installed as well as the steering box braces and cutting up the front fenders. Lift parts started coming in such as some old man emu leaves (give 2.5 inches after I remove the overload and third leaf)
    Iron rock offroad double shear trac bar, HD tie rod, boomerang shackles and extended ss brake lines
    Also ordered some Bilstein 5100's and extended front bumpstops.
    I also scored a deal on some sweet 17x8.5 pro comp 1028's. A little flashy for my taste, but I couldn't touch used, rusty steel wheels for the price. Tiny tires because they were on a mustang. Now my xj looks like a Mexican lowrider!! Yay!
    Now I'm just waiting on my synergy 3.5 inch front coils, shackle relocation brackets, and browse eBay for some control arms. Can't wait!!
    Attached Files
    '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Check Davies Jeeps for control arms he had several sets on his site.
      HIGHLANDERCJ-7
      If you don't stand behind our troops...feel free to stand in front of them!
      http://kathysnaturals.com/
      ...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
      Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Comment

Thanks for the tip! He has several on the site, I'll have to make a roadtrip after I get back in town
        '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	159874

just got back from mounting, balancing and alignment!! 295/70r17 cooper stt's. Lift was a pain, had to cut or grind every other bolt, but it was worth it! They grow up so fast!
          '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Nice

Comment

Wow looks sweet !
              HIGHLANDERCJ-7
              ...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
              Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Comment

Looks good so what's next on the list?

Comment

Thanks guys! Next is rear bump stops and sye/ drive shaft, it vibrates pretty bad. And the u joints on the front started popping after beating it in the snow yesterday... It never ends haha
                  '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Did you drop the teansfer case mount down at all? A 1" drop may cure it till you get the other parts.
                    HIGHLANDERCJ-7
                    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Comment

I did not, maybe I can make a Lowes trip for a quick fix. Thanks for the idea
                      '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Those wheels turned out to be pretty sweet
                        97 TJ, 91 YJ, 92 XJ, 84 XJ, 75 DJ

Comment

For those of you that were on the outback off road trip know how god awfully loud my brakes can get hahaha. I was disappointed in the performance of the "high performance" rotors and pads i was using and the jeeps inability to lock up the tires. The jeep also needed a new brake booster so I figured I'd go all out and do a complete overhaul. Thus the Vanco/ black magic brakes 16" big brake kit that just came in!! Has dual piston calipers that dwarf the stock single piston ones, bigger rotors, custom steering knuckles and some pretty cool fancy pads.

i am also going to be putting in rear disks from a liberty or grand cherokee, I'll be hunting the scrap yards today and tomorrow. Other parts on order are a 2001 durango master cylinder, willwood adjustable 4 wheel disk proportioning valve, all new lines and extended yj e brake cables.

This is all probably overkill but the brake system is probably pushing 18 years old and I want this jeep to have the ability to lock up and smoke 35s.
                          Attached Files
                          '96 4X4 Crayola Box

Comment

Working...
                          X