Thread: Jeep value ???

Default Jeep value ???

Anyone have any idea where I can find an on-line value price guide that would include old Jeeps?
    I have tried NADA, Kellys Blue Book, Hagertys, and Edmunds. None of them go back far enough.

I want to find out what a fair price would be for a 1965 Willys in great condition ( only rust is on the rear floor! ) with only 8000 original miles.

Dave
    Black 2001 Wrangler Sahara, 4WD 3" lift, Goodyear Wrangler M/T 33 x12.50, Kc slimliters, Rough Country adjustable control arms

"Sometimes it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission"

You can try NADA classic car section....but finding an accurate price for an old car is very difficult. A lot depends on condition and collectability. I would say check e-bay and see what people are getting for them.
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport

fair value on a 65 cant be found in a book. condition is only a small factor, same with miles. low miles are nice but if its sat for a long time it could have other issues. are you buying or looking to sell? if buying does it have a top? hard or soft? ect
    '46 cj2a all stock L134/t90/d18
    64 cj6 f134 t90 d18 hard top and doors. stock for now

Backwoods Jeep Club
    www.backwoodsjeepclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by junker View Post
    fair value on a 65 cant be found in a book. condition is only a small factor, same with miles. low miles are nice but if its sat for a long time it could have other issues. are you buying or looking to sell? if buying does it have a top? hard or soft? ect

The Jeep belongs to my FD. It was at Jeepfest last year. No top or doors, rear floor ( where rear seat would be ) rusted but, that is the only rust on it! The fenders have a few dings, the seats were just recovered and the wiring harness was just replaced. Engine has been rebuilt. It is a dually which makes it harder to find any values. Been garaged all of its life.
    Not looking to buy or sell as it is not for sale but, the FD ( and I ) would like to know what it might be worth.
    The only value I could find was for a regular CJ5 and best estimates were:
    Low retail - 2500.00 - 3000.00
    Ave. retail - 4500.00- 5000.00
    High retail - 7500.00 - 10,000.00

The High retail seems really high to be but...you never know.
    Black 2001 Wrangler Sahara, 4WD 3" lift, Goodyear Wrangler M/T 33 x12.50, Kc slimliters, Rough Country adjustable control arms

"Sometimes it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission"

i watched a jeep of the same vintage, same mileage, but was in really mint condition go for 18,000 on ebay. i would really shy away from NADA type things for a price estimate.... it tells me my cj7 is worth 1200, i would burn it before i sold it for that low of a price.
    nothing to see here!

85 cj7 trail rig:SOA, yj springs, 350 efi chevy eng. 700r4 trans.Dana 300, ford d60's w/ 5.13's arbs, 40" creepy crawler comp stickies on allied rock a thon double beadlocks ,oba

'11 CTD bighorn tow pig

We had bought the 1964 CJ3b fire jeep we had back in 2002 or so (can't remember the specific date) for $3500 from a guy in cincinnatti, it has a working pump on it, no dually.. and it wasn't a CJ5. We traded it to John DiCola & he has it up in Nesshannock.

Like what was essentially said before, finding a "book value" is pretty much impossible, if you want a more realistic estimate, poke around the internet & see if any had been sold or are being sold & what they are asking.

Mel
    Quote Originally Posted by mxg342 View Post
    Miller lite = fun.

Thread Information