Thread: Beaver Falls Christmas parade

Default Beaver Falls Christmas parade

Line up starts at 5Pm, parade starts at 7pm.

We are meeting up at the corner of 8th Ave. and 22Nd street across from the Dairy Queen as close to 5Pm as possible.

A social gathering at the home of Jack and Sue Homitz afterward. Feel free to bring a covered dish or a snack to share. BYOB. (Jack has some beer).

It's a great time! Hope to see you there!

Dave
    Black 2001 Wrangler Sahara, 4WD 3" lift, Goodyear Wrangler M/T 33 x12.50, Kc slimliters, Rough Country adjustable control arms

"Sometimes it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission"

Blog Entries

Umm you missed the important info! When as in what DAY! We been planning on coming out agian.
    HIGHLANDERCJ-7
    If you don't stand behind our troops...feel free to stand in front of them!
    http://kathysnaturals.com/
    ...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Ooops! Thanks Rod!

I guess I have been going to this thing so long that I just now assume everyone knows what I am talking about!!! :)

Friday Nov. 26th ( The day after Thanksgiving! )
    Black 2001 Wrangler Sahara, 4WD 3" lift, Goodyear Wrangler M/T 33 x12.50, Kc slimliters, Rough Country adjustable control arms

Jack and I wanted you all to know that this year Bob Zahn (Chuckie's dad), will also be joining us with his Jeep. Bob has also joined up with one of his friends that started a veteran's support group. Their group's name is American Veteran's Support Network. It is an awesome support group that helps out, and gives out, to any and all vets that they can. Just to name a few things, they have sent vets and their wives to Kennywood and Pirate's games and have helped out by cutting grass, raking leaves, painting around the house and helped replace roofs on vets' homes. They are a wonderful group that's trying to get their name out there and say "thank you" to our amazing vets. Bob asked Jack if their group could also join the parade, and since Bob is putting his Jeep in the parade, he asked if the group could be with us. We would be proud and honored to have them along and how appropriate to have them with a Jeep group! So Jack and Bob will put together a small float on our 4X8 trailer that will include signs for the group and cadets will be walking along side the float passing out brochures. We hope you have the opportunity to be with us and to help support these wonderful, giving people that are showing our amazing vets how much we appreciate what they have done for us and our country.
    See you Friday!
    Thanks!
    Sue

btt

Hi Everyone!!! GREAT news!!!! Our Jeep group got second place in the Beaver Falls Christmas Parade Friday night!!! I've found out some interesting information today......they gave out 10 trophies, first place went to the Beaver Falls Beauty Academy with the semi truck flatbed titled "Adopt A Pet". In talking with the co-chairwoman of the parade today, I've found out that every year they have a theme. (We never really knew anything about the parade except when it was, so we just decorated our Jeeps and went!) This year's theme was "Homeward Bound" and it stood for two things.....One, our military and them coming home, and Two, the sheltered animals that needed a home. The Beaver County Humane Society was the Grand Marshall this year. When our Veteran's Support Network (ioavet.org) joined our Jeep group this year, we didn't even know that the theme included a salute to the military. So when we decorated our little float in red, white and blue it went right along with the whole theme of the parade! That is part of the reason we got our trophy! Sooooo......I'm going to get my name on a mailing list of parade participants and next year we WILL know ahead what the theme is and we can decorate our Jeeps accordingly!! The co-chairwoman said that everyone on the grand stand was so impressed with our 14 Jeeps this year (as they are every year) and they look forward to us being there each year! She said we took an entire block!!! (Thanks for listening to our little "driver's meeting"!) Everyone did a GREAT job and looked fantastic!!!
    On the thank you/congratulations note that came with the trophy, the committee mentioned that there is a Facebook page for the Beaver Falls Christmas Parade. Check it out!! Also, the chairman would like a picture of the trophy with a few of our Jeeps. We told him that they are all undecorated but he didn't care, he was just excited to have a picture of the Jeeps and the trophy.
    Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated!!!!! Can't wait to see what we can come up with next year!!! Maybe we can coax Rudolph to come back!!! The chairman remembered him......Ron!!! LOL!!
    Hope to see you next year!!! All are welcomed!!!!
    Sue

Way to go everyone! Super Job!
    Quote Originally Posted by mxg342 View Post
    Miller lite = fun.

Thread Information